Posted on May 2, 2016
Characteristics And Tips On How To Take Care Of Your LTO 7
LTO 7: Attention, Characteristics and Maintenance
If you’re excited concerning the brand new LTO 7, you’ve got every right to be. The brand new LTO version comes with amazing features including data rate transfers of up to 750mb per second and Data cartridge storage capacity of up to 15TB. You no longer have to bother about not having enough storage space or needing to watch for information to back up.
On the other hand, if you’re aren’t convinced about using cassette for storage and reading this, here are a number of reasons why cassette is still needed by the world :
1. Big Storage Capacity
In the event the 15TB worth of storage mentioned previously did not get your focus, it should. In a age where information variety is ever increasing and the demand for larger storage capacity is required, a meager 4TB no longer makes the reduction. You need something larger – like the 15TB LTO Ultrium 7.
IT departments are always on the lookout for ways where they can store large volumes of information. Cassettes are considered the best option, because it might be impossible to save all information on site and because discs are a very expensive choice.
Very few companies are willing to leap on the bandwagon although cloud services are plenty. Rather, they’re relying on cassettes to take care of their storage needs. It helps that tapes possess a reputation of being low maintenance, secure and economical.
2. Tape Is Energy Efficient
In the event you are ok with your energy bills going through the roof then by all means proceed and purchase disks. You are better off purchasing tapes, if you are keen on conserving energy. When they’re not backing up info, tapes consume almost no power. This really is unlike discs that will continue to consume electricity even when they’re not in use.
Care And Maintenance
There certainly are a number of things you can do in order to maintain the lifespan of your tapes, so that you get as much value as you possibly can for the cost you paid for it:
1. Ensure all tapes are kept in a clean environment. This will certainly reduce their exposure to soil as well as other pollutants including food, dust, cigarette ash, smoke and fingerprints.
2. Avoid placing tapes in direct sunlight as well as keep them from coming into contact with water.
3. Do not store tapes near any equipment radiating electromagnetic waves like speakers a TV or computer screens.
4. It is recommended that they be put back on a ledge, in the event the tapes aren’t in use. They should also not be left lying flat for lengthy periods of time.
5. Be aware that tapes which are frequently got tend to have a shorter life span because of the constant management which causes tear and wear. The more it’s handled, the more a tape makes contact with debris and fingerprints. It could be vulnerable to other adverse conditions if the tape is taken from the surroundings where it’s normally stored.