Posted on August 30, 2016
Water: how and how much to drink to lose weight
Drinking water makes losing weight? Water is one of the basic elements of life, but figuring out how much you should drink wasn’t always easy. Most of us grew up thinking that you should drink at least eight glasses of water each day, in addition to any other drink, but the latest recommendations state that we no longer have to worry about drinking a specific amount of water, because we simply cannot satisfy our thirst with any drink to our taste. As it turns out, there is no scientific evidence for the recommendation to drink two litres of water, since the Council was based on data from a survey of regular consumption. Of course, the water clean, refreshing, and free of calories is the perfect drink, but studies have shown that you can stay hydrated even taking coffee, soft drinks, or even beer, and some people are ready to swear that water is a processing aid in weight loss. To help you to know the properties of crystal clear water, we asked some experts how much water we need, and if drinking water can really help you to hold off the extra calories.
Salone del Gusto 2014: Leonardo.it meets Pasta Garofalo
GUIDELINES FOR DRINKING WATER
A study of 2002, published in the Journal of Physiology, has questioned the old recommendation to drink eight glasses of water a day. After a thorough examination, the researchers concluded that there are no adequate proof that healthy adults (who live in temperate climates and are not engaged in particularly harsh) require large amounts of water. It is recommended therefore simply to drink when you are thirsty and it reiterates that caffeinated drinks can satisfy our needs for liquids. The new guidelines therefore deny that there is a need to drink at least eight glasses of water a day, and say healthy adults can determine for themselves according to their thirst the need for fluids. The exceptions to this rule include all those who are suffering from diseases that require flow control, as athletes and people who perform a prolonged physical activity or whose conditions of life are conducted under extreme conditions.
WHAT IS THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF WATER FOR EACH OF US?
Do not specify the minimum level of water intake, but in general it is recommended to take a quantity of liquids (on the basis of statistical average) to 2,700 grams (equivalent to 11 or more drinks per day) for women and 3750 grams (more than 15 drinks a day) for men. Remember, these guidelines relate to the total intake of fluids, including those hired through food and drink.
In fact, about 80% of water intake comes from drinking water and other beverages, and the remaining 20% comes from food. Assuming that these percentages correspond to the water that most of us assume, the recommended amount of beverages, including water, would be about 9 cups for women and 12.5 for men.
The 20% may seem like a very high percentage of liquid that is taken by eating, but you should know that many common types of food are formed mostly by water.
WHEN YOU NEED TO DRINK MORE
Physical activity, heat, and moisture can increase our need for fluids. In these situations, keep a few bottles of water at hand and drink frequently to prevent dehydration.
If you have a need or desire to be physically active for long periods, consider sports supplements that moisturize and provide electrolytes and sugar easily usable.
The diseases are often accompanied by increased body temperature, sweating, vomiting, frequent urination or diarrhea, and in those cases, our need for liquids may increase. Make sure you drink a lot if you suffer from any of these conditions, and consult your doctor if fluid losses are excessive or prolonged.
WHEN THE WATER IS TOO MUCH …
Scientists have not set an upper limit on the water. The water intoxication is very rare, although it can be very serious and lead to death. A recent garcinia cambogia centennial colorado study showed that one in three marathon runners drinking too much water during a race, probably because it follows the advice of drinking that can tolerate. If you drink when you are thirsty, you are doing the right thing. Trust your instincts to make sure you take enough fluids and, what is important, don’t drink too frequently. The bladder is like a balloon, and when you go to the bathroom frequently, can getting stressed excessively, which results in any possible emptying problems inc